All images and characters are copyrighted by Jason Dove or another specified party.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Secret Agent Hamster

Character Detail:
Briefcase Detail:
This is a Grandparent's Day card I created for Target. It is currently out in stores.

Many of you who have checked out my work in the past may recognize this character. This is the third time I have used this hamster character for American Greetings. To see previous versions of this character, just click back in my history and you'll find other designs using him in different situations. I did however, update the hair on this version. I have made leaps and bounds with this technique since the first hamster character was created.

As for the design itself, I also had a lot of fun playing with the dramatic lighting on the character and his environment. I also liked having to figure out the the lights reflection coming off of the briefcases computer screen and reflecting on the keys and ground. You can really see this on the detail images bellow. I also hid a few personal things in the art. One is the numbers in the lower right. Yep, it's my birthday. The 2nd is, I included the American Greetings Rose icon on the buttons next to the space bar. I know it is minor but, I love adding those little details.

No comments: