All images and characters are copyrighted by Jason Dove or another specified party.

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Dad & Son In Boat

Cover:


Inside:


This card was part of a series I turned in for Fathers Day innovation. The other design hasn't been picked up yet but, I will be sure to post it when it does.

I know a lot of people have no idea how much time and thought goes into creating a greetig card so, I thought I would try to explain this design a little better to show everyone exaclt what I mean.

With this card I wanted it to have an unusual layout. Or at least something different than our usually kids greeting card layout. I have found that most of the time the best art for a greeting card is on the front with little or no art on the inside. In this case the inside has the best art along with the energy and interaction from the characters. Leaving the person buying the card with a better and lasting impression.

I hope this explains my thought process a little better and that everyone enjoys
this design as much as I had creating it.

9 comments:

Abz said...

Realy good work man... creative!

ScaryPotato said...

Your style, and the quality of your work is exceptional. The fun-loving nature of all your art brings a smile to my face!

Seven said...

Very cool, love how you made it like two separate illustrations. Nice handling of the water too!

michael robertson said...

great one mr. dove! I love the color, the simplicity, and those appealing characters.

Gabriele Antonini said...

Oh, i love how you did the sea...sand underwater a bit green...you're absolutely inspiring for me.
Gabriele

MrBibleHead said...

Hey Jason! Cool idea! Love your thought process and imagination! Great retro look as well. Your style ROCKS!

Francisco Martins said...

Hey Jason, Thanks a lot for your words in my blog! :)
I think that your work is really amazing...LOVEEEE the hamster character! :D

cheers from Lisbon

Wayne B. Medina said...

Jason, I love your blog! makes me happy man! thank you

Unknown said...

Cool design!!